Southern Pecan Praline Yams
One 40-ounce can yams, drained
½ cup orange juice
½ cup chopped pecans
½ cup packed dark brown sugar
¼ cup self-rising flour
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, melted
1. Preheat the oven 350 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
2. Arrange the yams in the prepared dish. Pour the juice evenly over the yams.
3. Combine the pecans, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter in a bowl; mix well.
4. Spread the pecan mixture evenly over the yams in a thin layer.
5. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes before serving. Serves 6 to 8.